Friday, December 31, 2010

Don't Forget Your Maker

Scripture:

Hosea 8:14 "Israel has forgotten his Maker and built palaces; Judah has fortified many towns. But I will send fire upon their cities that will consume their fortresses".

Observation:

All through Hosea, the prophet has been pronouncing judgments on Israel and Ephraim because they have turned from the Lord. As we come to Hosea eight, I read these words, "Israel has forgotten His Maker". They had built palaces and achieved many good things, but had forgotten who gave them the power to prosper. They had turned from God and relied on themselves and the gods of other nations. God had built that nation and He wanted them to serve Him.

Application:

God's people should always walk in humility and thanksgiving toward Him. Often, people serve God in their time of need and He delivers them, then they feel like they can handle things on their own and don't seek Him any more. God wants to be honored and esteemed as priority in our lives. Don't forget your Maker. Walk with Him. Talk with Him. Keep Him at the center of your life and you will continue to be blessed.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to keep You at the center of my life. My life belongs to You. You created me. You called me. You trained me. You are my source and sustenance. You are my life. Help me to never lean on self or others, but always on You for everything. Help me this year to walk closer to You than ever before. I want to hear the whisper of Your voice.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment