Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Heart of a God-Seeker

Scripture:

Song of Songs 5:2 "I sleep, but my heart is awake; It is the voice of my beloved!"

Observation:

The Shulamite is longing for her lover and describes it by saying, I sleep, but my heart is awake; it is the voice of my beloved. She is able to get rest, but she is easily awakened at the sound of the voice of her lover. Her body sleeps, but her heart never sleeps. She is in love!

Application:

I remember different times in my life when this was to be said of my relationship with God. I would go to sleep seeking God and would rest physically, but be easily awakened spiritually as God would speak and I would get back up to pray. I longed for the voice of the Lord and my heart never slept because I was in love and wanted to hear my Father's voice. I am getting hungry again and sense another time like that on the horizon. I want to hear from my Lord. I long for His voice to lead me.

Prayer:

Father, I want to hear your voice and know You better each day. I want to run after You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. Lately I have been really tired and just want to sleep. Help me get my physical rest so I can handle the light sleep of the night, when you awaken me to speak to me. Wake me up and speak to me in my sleep. I want to hear Your voice more clearly than ever. Speak to me Lord.

I Love You,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment