Friday, December 10, 2010

A Time for Everything

Scripture:

Ecclesiastes 3:1 "To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven".

Observation:

Ecclesiastes starts out with such a negative thought. It basically says everything is vanity, useless, and meaningless, therefore, why work so hard? It's like the author, after years of struggling to accomplish many things, realizes that he will die and those things will go to someone who may not appreciate them. Finally, after two chapters of dwelling on this, he realizes that there are times and seasons for everything. Seasons change, times change, everything changes given time. Everything has a season and a purpose.

Application:

We should always be hard workers and diligent people, but sometimes even when we work hard and live diligent lives, things don't happen when we want them to. Sometimes life throws us a curve ball we weren't expecting and we have to endure a season we didn't expect. The good thing about seasons is that if you hold on long enough, seasons will change. Likewise, if you hold on long enough, life's stuff will change as well. Nothing stays the same forever! There is a purpose for the season I am in. I must learn from that purpose and know that a new season will come.

Prayer:

Father, when things don't seem to happen on my personal timeline, please help me realize that there are times and purposes in God that I have no control over. Teach me to be patient and have faith when things are not what I want them to be. Your word says that through faith and patience we inherit the promises. Thank You for reminding me that everything has a season and that I don't have to rush anything.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment