Monday, December 20, 2010

Be Anxious for Nothing

Scripture:

Philippians 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God".

Observation:

God doesn't like to see His children all stressed out over life. He wants to remove anxiety from our lives, but we need to follow His prescription. Many times in His word, He tells us not to worry or allow anxiety to control our lives. Here He tells us how to get rid of it. He says that by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving we can make our request known to Him.

Application:

Sometimes, the first place we should go for help, is the last place we run to. God's desire is to be our support, strength and help. He wants us to depend on Him and to trust Him, but we are accustomed to facing life on our own so we try to handle everything ourselves, then come to God when it doesn't work. The best way is to come to God first and foremost in prayer and supplication, make our requests known, then let God work while we relax.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to come to You first when problems arise. Teach me to seek "first" Your kingdom and righteousness. Help me to come to You before I am full of anxiety and need a miracle. You are my rock and my strength. You are my deliverer! I love you Lord.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment