Thursday, December 16, 2010

His Desire is Towards Me

Scripture:

Song of Songs 7:10 "I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me."

Observation:

Once again, this poem describes the love between a man and a woman. In it's verses I find simple nuggets of truth that are also true about my relationship with Christ who is my bridegroom. This woman realized that she was loved and knew her lovers desire and affection was toward her. She knew she was first place in his life and that he wanted to be with her.

Application:

The word of God tells us many times that God loves us and desires relationship with us. We know that He loves us as a fact, but don't really feel it in our heart. Most of us would struggle to say "his desire is toward me". I remember hearing Jesse Duplantis telling how much God loves him. As he spoke of how much God loves Jesse, I got jealous of his relationship with God. What he knew in his head had dropped into his heart. Many of us try to impress God to get Him to love us more, but He loves us already and His desire is toward us.

Prayer:

Father, Your word says that nothing shall ever be able to separate us from the love of God. It tells us over and over how much You love us. I want to know You intimately. I want my knowledge of Your love to move deep into my heart. I want to be able to say with confidence "his desire is toward me". Thank You for your love. Let it grow in my heart every day and let me love otters that way you love me.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment