Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Laboring Fervently in Prayer

Scripture:

Colossians 4:12 "Epaphras, who is one of you, a bond servant of Christ, greets you, always laboring fervently for you in prayers, that you may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God".

Observation:

At the end of Colossians, Paul is sending greetings to and from people and includes this simple statement about a man named Epaphras. It says of this man that he was "always laboring fervently for you in prayers". He wanted so badly to see God's people stand perfect and complete in him that he prayed fervently for it. It is one thing when Paul says something like this about himself, but when he says it about someone else, it must be a behavior he has seen many times.

Application:

I am convicted by this statement because I see a man that wants so badly to see God's people mature and complete that he labors fervently in prayer for it. To labor fervently in prayer is to pray "red hot" prayers and labor is work. I need to pray stronger prayers for the people I lead out of such a desire that they be complete in Christ. Recently, God has been asking me to pray stronger for His people to be "whole". I must step up to the plate and pray more fervently for God's people.

Prayer:

Father, don't let this verse slip away from me. Let it be said of me that he labored in fervent prayer for the people of Word of Life. Help me to pray red hot prayers for those You have entrusted to me. Teach me to intercede for them more effectively. Let them be whole and complete, lacking nothing.

Amen,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment