Monday, December 13, 2010

The Way of the Wise

Scripture:

Ecclesiastes 10:10 "If the axe is dull, And one does not sharpen the edge, Then he must use more strength; But wisdom brings success".

Observation:

Ecclesiastes is a book that analyzes the ways of man. It shows what ways are folly and what ways are beneficial. Here, the author demonstrates wisdom by saying that a dull axe works, buts makes the work harder. With a sharp axe, you don't have to work as hard. It pays to take the time to sharpen the axe and use wisdom.

Application:

I am definitely one for swinging a dull axe really hard and for a long time. I don't like to break from the work to sharpen tools, even though sharpening them will cause production to move faster. I tend to be a workhorse who just keeps plowing and doesn't take a break to make things easier. I need to slow down, think and use wisdom instead of just pressing harder in some areas of my life.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to work smarter instead of harder. Help me to understand the ways of the wise. I want to build a house with wisdom and understanding. Speak to my heart daily and help me in this area I pray. Forgive me for working harder instead of smarter and asking Your insight more. I want to learn to lean on You more!

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment