Wednesday, December 29, 2010

God's Incredible Love

Scripture:

Hosea 2:23 "I will plant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one I called 'not my loved one.' I will say to those called 'not my people,' 'You are my people'; and they will say, 'You are my God'".

Observation:

Hosea has been writing concerning Israel's unfaithfulness to God. He has said that they were like an unfaithful wife who cheats on her husband and leaves him. He talks about how much God hates it and will judge them for it, yet in the end he says God will show His love for them again. It says He will call them His people again and that they will say He is their God.

Application:

God never gives up on His people! Thank God for that. He continues to draw us by His Spirit to Himself and wants us to love and appreciate Him for it, but even when we mess up, He continues to offer us a better plan for our lives. He continues to love us when we are hurting Him. He continues to accept us and forgive us. His love is amazing. His faithfulness goes beyond description. His dream is to have a people who are fully consecrated to Him. i want to be that person.

Prayer:

Father, You are amazing and Your love never fails. You continue to draw us even when we have failed You. You continue to demonstrate Your love to us when we don't deserve it. Help me to be more like You. Teach me to be as faithful as You are. Teach me to love the unlovable. Help me accept those who most have given up on. Let Your love flow through me today.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment