Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Power of the Cross

Scripture:

Colossians 2:15 "Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it".

Observation:

Paul is in the middle of a discourse about baptism and our position in Christ when he comes out with this statement. He is talking about what Christ did through His death, burial and resurrection and connecting us to that through baptism and Him living in us, the hope of Glory. To disarm means to take away from an enemies arsenal. Through Christ's death, burial and resurrection, the spiritual forces of the enemy have been disarmed and Chris triumphed over all of them, therefore since Christ is in us, we have triumph over our enemy.

Application:

The power of the cross is amazing, but we must begin to really believe what Paul is saying here. As we identify with Christ, we have victory over the enemy and all his forces. Not in and of ourselves, but through Christ, we can walk in victory in this world. The power of the cross has already defeated our enemy, yet until we have this revelation, we remain constantly beat up by him.

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for speaking to me this morning. You are amazing! Thank you for helping me see the power of the cross over the enemy of my soul. Now help me retrain my brain to think right about my enemy being disarmed. Let me not give satan more credit than he is due and let me see more the awesome power of my God.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment