Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's a Matter of the Heart

Scripture:

Proverbs 27:19 "As in water face reflects face, so a man's heart reveals a man".

Observation:

Jesus said that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Here Solomon tells us that a man's heart reveals a man. If you want to know what is on a man's heart, simply stay around him a little while and he will reveal it through his mouth. Water can reflect an image, but the heart reveals the person. When there is joy in the heart, it will show on the face. When there is peace in the heart, it will show on the face. When there is much strife, it will show on the face. What is in our heart comes out on our faces and in our words.

Application:

Instead of trying to fix the outside and stop certain things, it is best to change the inside, which will affect the outside in due time. Many times we try so hard to have a right attitude and we simply need to have a right heart and the attitude will change. The heart makes the difference and is powerful. We need God to do a work in our hearts that will show in our speech and in our lifestyle.

Prayer:

Father, I love You and want to take a minute to praise You. You have blessed my life immensely and I appreciate it. Thank You for letting me serve You. Help me to do it with diligence and strength. I also ask that You would help me to have a pure heart. Let me have a heart that seeks after only You and that trusts You completely. My heart will reflect what is inside. Let my heart express the goodness of God.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment