Friday, December 3, 2010

Humility and Honor

Scripture:

Proverbs 15:33 "The fear of the Lord teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor".

Observation:

Humility is one of the greatest characteristics of someone who is allowing God to really work in their lives. Scripture tells us many times to humble ourselves under God's mighty hand and He will raise us up. Here it tells us that humility comes before honor.

Application:

When we raise ourselves up, God will put us down. When we humble ourselves, God will raise us up. The second sounds much better to me. We live in a very self-reliant and proud culture that teaches us to fight for what is ours and lift ourselves up and make a place for ourselves. God's kingdom is opposite of the thinking of this world! He wants us to depend on Him and trust Him with our entire lives. He wants us to realize we are nothing and He is everything. When we get this, He will raise us up and bring honor to us. We must move from self-promotion to working hard and trusting God for the increase.

Prayer:

Father, be the center of my universe. Let my life become a life that honors You completely. Teach me humility and school me in becoming a man of God who is humble, yet valiant. You are amazing, help me to trust You and seek You more.

I Love You,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment