Monday, November 29, 2010

Being a Blessing

Scripture:

Proverbs 3:27 "Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act".

Observation:

Solomon is simply saying that when we have the power to do good to people, we need to do it. God places us in positions so that He can bless people through our lives. When we have the power to act, it is because He placed us where we are and is trusting us to do good to those who deserve it.

Application:

How many opportunities have I missed to do good to someone who deserves it? How many times could I have spoken a kind word or done a kind gesture to someone? God has put me in a position to be a blessing and do good to people who deserve it. I need to act on it and use that position to bless as many people as possible.

Prayer:

Father, show me opportunities to do good to people. Help me to be a blesser of people and an encourager. You have blessed my life and placed me in a position to do good to people. Help me do it. Teach me to hear your voice and show me the opportunities You place in front of me every day. I want my life to be a blessing to others.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment