Saturday, November 6, 2010

Purity and God's Word

Scripture:

Psalm 119:9 How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
By living according to your word.

Observation:

Psalm 119 is a powerful chapter full of insight and wisdom concerning God's word. Every verse in the longest chapter of the bible talks about the word of the Lord, the scriptures, God's commands, etc. This verse tells me that a young man can stay on the path of purity by living according to God's word. I want my sons to walk the path of purity, therefore I must help them live according to the word of God.

Application:

God's word is powerful and the more we get of it, the better we will live. When temptation comes, it is the Word of God that will keep us from falling. I want to teach my sons the power of the Word of God. I want them to know that God is able to keep them from falling into temptation when it comes. The Word of God is crucial as a mirror to look into and we must apply it to our lives every day.

Prayer:

Father, help me better train my sons in the word of God. I want them to be strong and able to face all manner of temptation, but i know their strength will only come from knowing Your Word. I ask You for ideas to make it desirable for a young man. Watch over my sons and keep the pure I pray.

You Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment