Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Benefits of Fearing God

Scripture:

Psalm 112:2 "Their children will be successful everywhere; an entire generation of godly people will be blessed".

Observation:

The above verse is just a part of what the Psalmist declares of those who fear the Lord. God desires to be feared, but the promises of what happens in your life once you step into the fear of the Lord is amazing. The children of those who really fear the Lord will be blessed and prosperous in everything they touch.

Application:

My parents have been faithful to the Lord and followed Him wholeheartedly their entire married lives. They have feared the Lord and tried to do exactly what God would have them do in every situation. Their children have been blessed and successful in what ever they put their hand to. The next generation is blessed because of the fear of the lord in my mom and dad. I want to pass on the blessing to my children by walking in the fear of the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord, let Joshua and Jordan be successful and prosperous because dad feared and walked with You. I have seen how You bless generations and families and I want my family to be blessed. Help me stay on track and walking in the fear of the Lord. You are holy and awesome!

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment