Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Stand Firm

Scripture:

I Corinthians 15:58 "Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain".

Observation:

Paul has been talking in the previous verses about death and resurrection. He talked about how mortal will put on immortality. Then he says, "Therefore", because of the resurrection, let nothing move you. Give yourselves to the work of the Lord because your labor is not in vain. God wants His people to stand firm and not give up so easily. He wants people who will remain faithful through the hard things of life and not give up when things don't go their way.

Application:

Lately, God has been speaking to me about standing firm. He keeps saying "hold onto what I sent you to do". He keeps reminding me that my reward is in heaven and that He is with me. This verse today strengthens my resolve to continue to finish what I came here to start. As we do what he wants us to do, He lets us know that our work is not in vain. He is in control and as we submit to Him, He will direct our paths and give us the strength we need to do what He tells us to do.

Prayer:

Thank You Lord for the encouragement this morning. You are always faithful! May Your kingdom come and your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Strengthen your body that they may fulfill the great commission and realize in the process that their work is not in vain.

Love,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment