Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fear and blessing

Scripture:

Psalm 115:13 "He will bless those who fear the Lord, both great and lowly".

Observation:

God is no respecter of persons. He treats people equally, not matter what their background is. He takes the lowly and makes them important. In this passage it says that God blesses those who fear Him, both great and lowly. His blessing isn't only for the high and mighty, but for the lowly. The fear of the Lord bring about God's blessing, no matter what your background has been.

Application:

As I read through the Psalms again, i am amazed at how much the Psalmist talks about the fear of the Lord. He understand the fear of the Lord and how God blesses those who fear Him. There seems to be a continual theme of the fear of the Lord, which, I believe, we have lost in the church today. I welcome and want the fear of the Lord in my life. Jesus said not to fear those who can hurt you physically, but rather Him who can take your life. I want to fear God more than man.

Prayer:

Father teach me to fear you and give you the respect your deserve. There seems to be great blessing for those who fear you. Help me fear you more than I fear anyone else and to honor you above everyone else. I love you Lord, give me strength today.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment