Friday, November 12, 2010

Give Thanks to the Lord

Scripture:

Psalm 136:1 "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever".

Observation:

This Psalm repeats the phrase "His love endures forever", after every statement. The Psalmist wants us know that God's love endures forever. When things are good, His love endures, when things are not so good, His love endures. The love of God remains forever. This scripture tells us the give thanks to the Lord because He is good. A thankful heart will keep your perspective right. We must remain thankful for all the Lord has done for us instead of expecting Him to do what we want, when we want, and then being upset if He doesn't give us what we want.

Application:

God wants His people to have a thankful heart. If He never did another thing for us, we should be thankful for what He has already done. Thanksgiving is coming up and it is a time for Americans to remember what our forefathers did for us. How much more should be be thankful for all our heavenly father has done for us? God is good! We must give Him thanks for this on an every day basis. We must live every day in great appreciation for all the Lord has done for us. We must be thankful people.

Prayer:

Father, thank you for all you have done in my life. You have blessed me beyond measure. You have always taken care of me. You set me in a great family. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you on a daily basis. Forgive me for taking you for granted and expecting things of you. Teach me to be a thankful person for all you have done and continue to do in my life. If you never did another thing, You have already done enough for me to be thankful the rest of my life.

You are awesome!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment