Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Waiting and Hope

Scripture:

Psalm 130:5 "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope".

Observation:

When God speaks, it will come to pass. Our job is not to question, but to wait patiently and to trust in his word. Twice the Psalmist says he waits for the Lord, then he closes the thought with "and in His word I do hope". The one thing we can trust and place our hope in is the Word of God. It does not lie and cannot fail.

Application:

Trusting God and waiting on Him can be frustrating. He is never late, but seldom early. What do we do when we are waiting for Him to work in our lives? We should be placing our hope in His word and not in ourselves. His word is powerful and will come to pass if we remain in faith, hope and trust. Wait on the Lord and hope in His word. He will bring it to pass.

Prayer:

Lord, here I am again asking for patience, endurance and trust. I want to wait confidently for Your words to come to pass. Teach me to have hope while waiting on the fulfillment of all You have called me to do. I want to trust You more and lean on my own understanding less and less.

Yours,

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post! :-) It has been helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you Lium! May He give you the strength to wait on Him.

    ReplyDelete