Friday, October 29, 2010

God's Protection

Scripture:

Psalm 97:10 "You who love the Lord, hate evil! He protects the lives of his godly people and rescues them from the power of the wicked".

Observation:

The Psalmist encourages those who love the Lord to also hate evil. He records that those who hate evil and live godly lives will be protected and rescued from the ungodly. He makes a correlation between our right living and God's rescuing and protection.

Application:

We need to hate evil more! We must love God and hate evil. many times we wonder why God doesn't protect us better or rescue us when we are in trouble. Could it be that we are living ungodly lives? Could it be that we don't hate evil? God wants His people to come out from among them and be holy as He is holy. When we are doing that, He will take care of our enemies.

Prayer:

Lord, let my life be godly in every area. Forgive me for not hating evil as I should. Teach me to walk in your paths of righteousness and see sin and evil through your eyes. Show me how to walk in Your ways and not simply by comparing myself to someone else and feeling I am doing better than them. I want to be pure before You, hate what you hate, and love what you love!

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment