Thursday, October 21, 2010

Power Increase

Scripture:

Psalm 75:10 "For God says, 'I will break the strength of the wicked, but I will increase the power of the godly'".

Observation:

The Psalmist wrote this song speaking of what the Lord will do to His enemies. It is a Psalm speaking of God having the final say on the earth. He closes the Psalm by declaring, "I will increase the power of the godly". This verse stood out to me this morning as lately I have been really hungry to see God's power in my life again.

Application:

If God increases the power of the godly, and I want to see more of His power, then I must increase in godliness. If I want to see his power revealed in my generation, then I must live a more God centered life. He must be the center of everything I do.

Prayer:

Lord, I have allowed other things to play center stage in my life. I have always wanted to please You, but I have feared others more than You. Help me place increase in godliness, I want to be more like You. You are my everything! Help me become a godlier person. I long to see Your power revealed in Ashburn, VA. I also understand that Your power is revealed through people who are godly. Help me get there 100%.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment