Friday, October 1, 2010

From Sincere Hearts

Scripture:

Psalm 15:1-2 "Who may worship in your sanctuary, Lord? Who may enter your presence on your holy hill? Those who lead blameless lives and do what is right, speaking the truth from sincere hearts."

Observation:

David writes this Psalm about who can worship in God's sanctuary. He talks about who can enter into God's presence. He says it is the ones who lead blameless lives and do what is right, speaking the truth from sincere hearts. Truth and sincerity are always on God's top ten list. He wants us to be people who are truthful and live lives above reproach. He asks for integrity.

Application:

There are times when I don't follow this verse in its fullness. I don't always speak the truth from a sincere heart. Many times I don't say things that need to be said because I don't like confrontation and avoid it at all costs. My heart is sincere, but I don't always say things that I know I need to say because I like people to like me. Coming into God's presence requires that we speak the truth from sincere hearts, not vengeful or mean hearts, but hearts that truly want others to be blessed.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to say the things that will bring forth the best end for people. Teach me to speak the truth, even when the truth hurts. Help me to love people enough to say things from a sincere heart. Let my confrontations always be to bring about the best and to help others. Let the sincere heart show forth. I love your presence and want to experience more of it every day.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment