Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wisdom

Scripture:

Psalm 90:12 "Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom".

Observation:

This is a Psalm of Moses. He asks the Lord to teach him the brevity of life so that he can grow in wisdom. Moses understands that wisdom comes from realizing how short life is. When you realize how short life is, you make your decisions count and apply more wisdom. When you think life is eternal on the earth and you are indestructible, you get wreckless with life.

Application:

We need to think about how short life really is. When we realize how short life is, some of the things we fight about, worry about, and get frustrated about, lose their importance in our lives. When you keep in mind the brevity of life, you want to enjoy it more and live a healthy, happy life on this earth. People who know they only have a couple years to live tend to make lists of the things they want to do before they die and try to accomplish them. People who think they have a long time, tend to live for today and worry about tomorrow.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to number my days and realize the brevity of life. Help me to enjoy life and live it to the fullest. Let me make every day count for you. Help me be more wise with my time and to finish your work for my life. When this life is over, i will step into eternity. Help me live every day with eternity in mind.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment