Monday, October 18, 2010

God Does Not Ignore our Prayers

Scripture:

Psalm 66:20 "Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer or withdraw his unfailing love from me".

Observation:

The psalmist understood that God does not ignore our prayers and that He doesn't withdraw his unfailing love form us. Verse 18 helps me understand it a little better when he says, "if I had not confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened". He understood that God hears and answers as his people confess their sins and humble themselves before Him.

Application:

God does not ignore our prayers, but sometimes our prayers are hindered because of the unconfessed sin in our own hearts. Many times we get frustrated with God, when He is waiting on us to get our hearts right before Him. He always hears and answers. He doesn't ignore us, but He does wait for us to come before Him humbly and confess our sin. His love and faithfulness can be trusted, therefore i must confess my sins to Him and know I won't be ignored. I must do my part to see my prayers answered.

Prayer:

Lord, I ask you to help me to walk humbly before You and to continually confess my sins, that my prayers be not hindered. I want open and free communication with You. Thank you for hearing and not ignoring me when I pray. I want to know You more and walk with You more. Teach me the power of confessing my sin and help me to do it regularly.

Jeff

1 comment:

  1. How can I confess a hidden sin when I don't even know what it is??? I confess my sins daily and God has still ignored me.

    ReplyDelete