Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Fear of the Lord

Scripture:

Psalm 25:12-13 "Who is the man that fears the Lord? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses. He himself shall dwell in prosperity, and his descendants shall inherit the earth".

Observation:

The fear of the Lord is something you don't hear talked about much anymore. The Psalmist understood the fear of the Lord. He knew that when you feared God, you obeyed God, and when you obey God, blessing follows. He understood some things we need to get ahold of today.

Application:

It is usually the fear of punishment that keeps you doing the right things in life. You don't speed, not because it isn't a good idea, but because you are afraid of a thing called a ticket. Fearing a spanking from a parent keeps a child in line and their obedience brings about blessing. Prosperity awaits those who really fear the Lord according to this verse and my children will be blessed. I want to understand the fear of the Lord better and bring about prosperity for my family.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to fear you. Teach me what it means to fear you. I want to please you every day of my life. I want to sit at your feet and learn of You. You are my rock and my salvation. I need you Lord. Help me to understand and walk in the fear of the Lord.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment