Monday, July 31, 2023

Three Things God Does

 Scripture:

“But you, O Lord, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭3‬:‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist declares here that God is a shield around him. His glory and the one who lifts his head. To David, God was his defense, his awesomeness, and the one who keeps him in good spirits. Notice he gives the credit to the Lord for all three things and doesn’t take credit for himself.

Application:

It is God Almighty who protects us. It is God who is our glory, we cannot take the glory for anything in our lives. We belong to Him and He receives all glory. It is God who lifts our head and not ourselves. Sometimes we tell people to pull themselves together and lift up their head, but it is God who lifts our head and pulls us from the throws of depression.

Prayer:

Father, You are my everything! You are worthy of all my praise and I worship You today. You have protected me throughout my life so many times. You are the one who is glorified. Let my life bring Your glory in every way. When I am down and discouraged, lift my head. You are the only one who can do that. You are the best!

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment