Saturday, July 22, 2023

The Advocate

 Scripture:

“Even now my witness is in heaven. My advocate is there on high.”  ‭‭Job‬ ‭16‬:‭19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Job was responding to his accusers/friends. He tells them that God knows his life and what he has and hasn’t done. He then. Makes this statement, “My witness is in heaven. My advocate is there on high.” Job had incredible insight. He understood that he had an advocate in heaven who would defend his case. He knew his defense was in heaven. 

Application:

In the New Testament, we are clearly told that Jesus is our advocate, our intercessor, the one who stands in the gap for us before the Father. When we go through trying times and difficult times, we must not only look at the situations around us and how unfair they are, we must look at our advocate in heaven, Jesus the righteous. We must realize He is arguing our case before the Father. 

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, thank You for sending my advocate to speak before You on my behalf. Your Son paid the ultimate price for us and I appreciate that so much. Thank You for thinking of us and making provision for our mess ups and mistakes. Help me to walk in integrity and demonstrate Your goodness to the world. I want to represent You well in my generation.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment