Thursday, July 27, 2023

Defending God

Scripture:

““Let me go on, and I will show you the truth. For I have not finished defending God!”  ‭‭Job‬ ‭36‬:‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬ 

Observation:

When Job spoke about being innocent and blamed God for his problems, Elihu rebuked him strongly for his arrogance in blaming God for his problems. While rebuking him, Elihu made this one comment that stood out to me this morning. “I have not finished defending God.” Elihu was determined to defend God and His actions.

Application:

God doesn’t always do what we want Him to do. Sometimes He does the opposite of what we want Him to do and we ask questions and question His faithfulness. The truth is, we don’t see what He is doing. We can’t see what He can see. We can’t know what He knows. We must trust Him, and when things don’t go the way we want, we need to defend Him. When people speak wrongly about God, we should be prepared to defend Him and His ways. The only way to a good defense is to know the one you are defending. We must walk with God and know Him deeply and richly.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are worthy of my highest praise and honor. You are above all and know all. Help me to trust You more and more. Teach me when and how to defend what You do as people blame things on You. Help me to answers for those who accuse You of things and let me defend You well.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment