Saturday, July 8, 2023

Conviction and Repentance

 Scripture:

“I prayed, “O my God, I am utterly ashamed; I blush to lift up my face to you. For our sins are piled higher than our heads, and our guilt has reached to the heavens.” ‭‭Ezra‬ ‭9‬:‭6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When Ezra realized the state of his people and the priests and Levites, that they had intermarried with the surrounding countries, he wept and repented before the Lord. He felt strong conviction for what his people had done. He felt ashamed and blushed before the Lord, knowing their sins had been piled up before God. He was strongly convicted about what his people had done and he did something about it. 

Application:

Strong conviction should bring action. Real conviction will cause you to humble yourself before God and to cry out for His mercy on your life. Real conviction will bring repentance! Repentance is the result of true conviction. Many today never feel true conviction of sin, but rather simply make a choice to follow Jesus. Therefore, the repentance part of following Christ never happens. We must realize that our sins have separated us from the Lord and that we have offended Him with our actions, then we must repent of those sins. 

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are worthy of my whole life. Work in my life to bring true conviction, resulting in repentance and transformation. I want to live a life You are pleased with and that You are the author of. Forgive my half-heartedness. Forgive my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Show me tings that need to change and empower me to change them.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment