Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Take Interest in Others

 Scripture:

“Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.” ‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2‬:‭4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Philippians not only to look out for their own interests, but to be interested in others as well. It is important that we learn to live with others in mind and not only ourselves.

Application:

People are important to God and should be important to us. We need to think of others as higher than ourselves and more valuable than ourselves. They are made in the image of God. Looking out for others interest involves stopping looking out for my own interests. I want to live my life building others up and encouraging them.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to be interested in others. Help me to connect with someone today and to listen to them rather than talking too much. Help me to hear the voices of the kids at VBS and take an interest in them. Help me to focus on what You are focused on. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment