Friday, July 28, 2023

Cover My Mouth

 Scripture:

““I am nothing—how could I ever find the answers? I will cover my mouth with my hand. I have said too much already. I have nothing more to say.””  ‭‭Job‬ ‭40‬:‭4‬-‭5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Job is replying to God when God had asked him a ton of questions. Job realized he needed to be quiet at this point because he had over spoken his point of view. God was basically telling him to be quiet and listen. Job’s response was great. “I will cover my mouth with my hand. I have said too much already. I have nothing more to say.”

Application:

There comes a time when we need to be quiet and stop defending ourselves. There is a time to realize “I have said too much already.” Sometimes knowing when to quit talking is more important than having something to say. I want to speak the right things at the right time. Only God can give that kind of wisdom. I need God and I need to refrain from talking too much.

Prayer:

Father, You are profound and Your wisdom exceeds the heavens. Guide me and let me know when to be quiet and when to defend myself. Show me when to talk and when to be quiet and cover my mouth. Rebuke me when I have said too much. Teach me to follow You well and give me the wisdom and strength to do the right thing each time. 

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment