Thursday, July 6, 2023

Outsiders

 Scripture:

““This is what King Cyrus of Persia says: “The Lord, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth. He has appointed me to build him a Temple at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.”  ‭‭Ezra‬ ‭1‬:‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Cyrus was a unique king of Persia. He was not Jewish, yet he was convinced that the Lord God of heaven had blessed him and appointed him to build a Temple at Jerusalem. He was an outsider, but apparently sensitive to the Lord. He was not one of God’s chosen people, yet was blessed by God and raised up by God to build the Temple.

Application:

When God wants to get something accomplished, He can use whoever He wants to accomplish it. God may use people we wouldn’t approve of to do His business. God can use the least likely in our eyes to do His will and to bring about His purposes. Sometimes He uses outsiders that even the Church doesn’t understand to fulfill His purposes.

Prayer:

Father, help me to never judge what You are doing and who You are working through. Help me to walk in step with You and to not question why You use who You use, but to come alongside of them and help them do Your will. Open my eyes to what You are doing at all times and let me align with Your purposes always. I don’t want to miss out on what You are doing because it doesn’t fit my ideas of what You are able to do.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment