Friday, July 14, 2023

Worthy of Our Calling

Scripture:

 “Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God.”  ‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4‬:‭1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Paul begs his readers to lead a life worthy of their calling because they had been called by God. First, I see that they had all been called by God. Second I see Paul begging people to live their lives in a manner worthy of that calling. 

Application:

Our lives should make Jesus look good. The manner in which we live should be worthy of what Christ died for. Thinking along these lines keeps our lives in perspective. We must desire to live lives that make Jesus look good to those around us. Living in a manner worthy of our calling is living a life that honors Christ in every way. 

Prayer:

Father, let my life be lived out on this earth in a manner worthy of Your calling on my life. Help me to live in a way that pleases You always. Help me to be led by Your Spirit at all times and let Your peace fill my life. Forgive me when I mess up and get in the flesh instead of walking in step with Your Spirit. Teach me to live every day according to Your ways.

Yours Always, Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment