Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Worship in Grief

 Scripture:

“Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship.” ‭‭Job‬ ‭1‬:‭20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When Job lost everything, all of his possessions and all his children, he tore his robe, shaved his head, and fell to the ground to worship God. His first instinct was to come before the Lord with worship when everything was taken from him. He grieved like everyone else would have grieved, but he knew his peace would come from the Lord.

Application:

When life gets hard and things go wrong, we can’t blame God. We must be people who worship when life is great and who worship when life stinks. We must be people who worship in the good times and in the bad times. I want my first reaction when things go bad to be worship. This verse also tells me it’s okay to grieve for a season. 

Prayer:

Father, help me to always turn to You and not away from You when things go bad. Help me to realize that Satan wants to destroy me and that You always are filled with love and compassion for me. Your faithfulness is incredible. Help me to realize Your faithfulness when I don’t see it around me. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment