Sunday, July 23, 2023

Confidence in My Redeemer

 Scripture:

““But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought!”  ‭‭Job‬ ‭19‬:‭25‬-‭27‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Job had been through some terrible trials. He lost everything and everyone he loved except him and his wife. HIs friends thought it was because of his unrighteousness, but he knew better. In this passage, he declares that he knows his redeemer lives, and will stand at the end. He knew he would see God one day face to face and that overwhelmed him. Though in trouble, he stood firm, confident in God’s character.

Application:

When we go through trials and tribulations, we must remember that God is still faithful. He may allow certain things to happen in our lives that we don’t understand, but we can still trust Him. He may not step in and fix every situation, but He loves us and can be trusted. We can be confident that one day we will see Him face to face if we remain faithful. Our job is to remain faithful during trials, His job is to bring us through to the other side.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to trust You more and more each day. I love You and want to serve You well. Increase my faith. Increase my trust in trying times. Help me to lean on You and not on my self to figure everything out. Teach me to follow Your truths and to stand on them, remaining faithful in trials and tribulations of this world. 

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment