Saturday, July 1, 2023

Careful Obedience

 Scripture:

“King Jotham became powerful because he was careful to live in obedience to the Lord his God.”             ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭27‬:‭6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

We see here that Jotham’s life was blessed and he became powerful simply because he was careful to live in obedience to the Lord. God wants our heart, but He also wants our obedience. Jotham was CAREFUL in his OBEDIENCE. He made sure he was obeying completely and accurately.

Application:

Most of us do desire to live in obedience to the Lord and His will for our lives, but are we CAREFUL to OBEY completely? This would mean that we think through our obedience and make sure it is exactly what the Lord wants from us. He always blesses His will! We must find it and carefully obey it. When we do that, we will become powerful people like Jotham. 

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You know my heart and my desires. Help me to follow Your will and not my own. Lead me and strengthen me to carefully obey You at all times. I want to obey when it is easy to obey and to obey when it is difficult to obey. I know You desire obedience more than sacrifice. Help me to obey You well. I want to hear well done!

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment