Friday, June 30, 2023

The Lord is Able

 Scripture:

“Amaziah asked the man of God, “But what about all that silver I paid to hire the army of Israel?” The man of God replied, “The Lord is able to give you much more than this!””  ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭25‬:‭9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Amaziah was about to go to war and had hired 100,000 troops from Israel to help Judah fight in the battle. The man of God came to the king and told him to send them home because they’re participating in the battle would cause problems because of their idolatry as a nation. Amaziah had paid a lot of money to Israel for their help and was concerned. The prophet said, “The Lord is able to give you much more than this.”

Application:

Sometimes in life we sweat the details and can’t see any way out of the situation we are in. When we do things God’s way, we get God’s results. Even when we have already messed things up, God is able to return, restore, and bless our lives. The Lord can give us much more than what we can ask, think, or imagine. We must look to Him above every other way out or solution.

Prayer:

Father, You are my God. Help me to trust in You alone. Teach me to spend less time trying to figure out how to do things and more time seeking Your face. Help me see that working things according to what I think will work is useless because You have a way of blessing my life that I cannot see. Help me to trust You more each day and to lean on You instead of myself.

Yours Always,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment