Thursday, June 1, 2023

Except

 Scripture:

“For David had done what was pleasing in the Lord’s sight and had obeyed the Lord’s commands throughout his life, except in the affair concerning Uriah the Hittite.” ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭15‬:‭5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

David, according to this verse, did what was pleasing in the Lord’s sight and obeyed God’s commands throughout his life, EXCEPT in the affair with Bathsheba and Uriah. It is sad to have a near perfect career and life, but be remembered by one bad thing.

Application:

History is filled with people who led great lives, then did one thing wrong and ended up being remembered as a cheat, a murderer, a liar, a womanizer, etc. All the great accomplishments of their lives are immediately forgotten and the only thing they are remembered for is the EXCEPT instead of the accomplishments. I want to finish well and for there to be no EXCEPTS. 

Prayer:

Lord, help me to live a life that pleases You and doesn’t have exceptions. I don’t want to hear you say, “You did a good job following me, EXCEPT.” I want to hear, “Well done, good and faithful servant.” Teach me to finish well and not to give You a bad reputation in any area. I want to build Your reputation, not destroy it. 

Your Son,

Jeff 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you many times I think of the scripture well done my good and faithful servant. I have never thought. Except the time you did.???

    ReplyDelete