Friday, June 2, 2023

Ministering From the Presence of the Lord

 Scripture:

“But Elijah said, “I swear by the Lord Almighty, in whose presence I stand, that I will present myself to Ahab this very day.””  ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭18‬:‭15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This verse stood out to me this morning because Wednesday night we studied the birth of John the Baptist. When Gabriel told Zechariah he was going to have a son, Zechariah didn’t really believe him. The angel responded with these same words, “I stand in the presence of God.” Elijah stood where angels stand, in the presence of the Lord God Almighty. I would love to study this out more and see what is inferred. As for me, I want to stand in the presence of God and minister from that place.

Application:

Paul talked about being seated with Christ in heavenly places. Elijah ministered from the presence of the Lord. Angels stand in the presence of the Lord. I want to speak from the presence of the Lord. I want to be seated with Christ in heavenly places at a deeper level. I long to walk in the presence of the Lord and to see His face. 

Prayer:

Father, take me deeper. I want to walk with you as Elijah walked with You. I want to minister, not out of my own desires and thoughts, but from the presence of the Lord. I want to speak what You are speaking and do what You are doing. Help me to know Your presence more and more and to flow from that place.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment