Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Where is Your Trust?

 Scripture:

“At that time Hanani the seer came to King Asa and told him, “Because you have put your trust in the king of Aram instead of in the Lord your God, you missed your chance to destroy the army of the king of Aram.”  ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭16‬:‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

King Asa did many great things in the beginning of his reign. He was a godly man, but at the end, he started leaning on himself and others instead of God. He strayed from the things that made him powerful. The prophet came to him and said that he had put his trust in the king of Aram through a treaty, rather than trusting the Lord God. Somewhere along the line he began trusting people over trusting God and it deeply affected his walk with God.

Application:

It is easy to put our trust in our own wisdom, people, jobs, investments, etc. God must be the one we trust with everything in life. He knows best what we need and what we don’t. God wants to work on our behalf and bless our lives, but we must trust Him over everyone and everything else. 

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to trust You and lean on You more and more as I grow older. Help me not to stray into feeling like I can do things without You. You are my everything and I delight myself in You. Keep me on the right path and let my life be blessed for obeying and trusting You over all else.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment