Thursday, June 29, 2023

The Battle is God’s

 Scripture:

“He said, “Listen, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Listen, King Jehoshaphat! This is what the Lord says: Do not be afraid! Don’t be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God’s.”  ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭20‬:‭15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

King Jehoshaphat had been a good king who loved and served the Lord. As an enemy army was coming at Jerusalem, God sent a prophet to tell him not to be afraid because the battle was not his, but the Lord’s. The Lord went on to let him know that he wouldn’t have to fight in the battle because God was going to destroy his enemies. The Lord saw his faith and obedience and determined to fight his battle for him.

Application:

When we follow the Lord completely and seek Him first. When we follow His ways and maintain a pure heart, we will have enemies, but when we belong completely to God, the battle becomes His battle and He is better at fighting our enemies that we will ever be. Our place is to serve the Lord with our whole heart, then, as battles need fought, we will be able to stand still and watch the salvation of our God.

Prayer:

Lord God, keep my heart pure before You at all times. Let my life be completely Yours. When the enemy attacks, I trust You will fight my battles. I don’t want to fight for myself, but want You to fight for me. You are better at it than I am. Defend my case as I do my best to follow You and Your ways completely.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment