Saturday, June 3, 2023

Why Are You Here?

 Scripture:

“There he came to a cave, where he spent the night. But the Lord said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”” ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭19‬:‭9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Elijah had fled from Jezebel when she said she wanted him dead. He was running for his life. The Lord spoke to him and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?” In the midst of his depression and feeling like life was over, the Lord spoke to him.

Application:

Sometimes we need to ask ourselves, “What am I doing here?” It is a good question about life in general. It is also a great question about whee we are going and what we are doing with our lives. Answering this questions restores vision, direction, and discipline. Answering this question gives hope and a future. 

Prayer:

Father, I want to walk in step with You and never have to ask, “What am I doing here?” I want to live in Your Spirit and follow Your voice. Help me to walk in step wit You and not be led by my feelings. Teach me to walk with You and not live wondering why I am here. I want to know why I am where I am at all times.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment