Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Open My Eyes

 Scripture:

“Then Elisha prayed, “O Lord, open his eyes and let him see!” The Lord opened the young man’s eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire.”‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭6‬:‭17‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Elisha and his servant had been surrounded by massive enemy armies. They had encircled the city in search specifically for Elisha. When his servant told him about the armies, Elisha told him not to fear because there were more for them than against them. He didn’t understand so Elisha asked the Lord to open the man’s eyes to see. When his eyes were opened there were chariots of fire covering the hillside.

Application:

God always has more on His side than the enemy does. Only 1/3 of the angels fell with Lucifer. 2/3 are on our side. We need to realize the power of the God we serve. He can take out enemy armies with a word from His mouth. He can fight our battles and we will never have to lift a finger. He turns our mourning into dancing and we can trust Him. We must have confidence that God is with us and will take care of us.

Prayer:

Father, open my eyes and let me see in the spirit. Let my eyes be opened to what You are doing around me. Help me to see through Your eyes and not simply mine. I want to walk with You as Elisha did. I want to hear what You are saying and do what You are doing. Help me to see an hear clearly what the word of the Lord is.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment