Wednesday, May 31, 2023

God Given Wisdom

Scripture:

“People from every nation came to consult him and to hear the wisdom God had given him.” ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭10‬:‭24‬ ‭NLT‬‬ 

Observation:

People came from all over the world to sit at the feet of Solomon because of the incredible wisdom the Lord God had given him. Wisdom flowed from him like water over a waterfall. It poured out of him like a never-ending spring. True wisdom from God will cause the world to take notice.

Application:

Solomon had great knowledge, but wisdom is the application of knowledge. The other day I spoke about Solomon writing 3,000 proverbs and 1,000 songs. What you see here is the combination of man’s work and God’s blessing. Solomon had to be diligent, and the Lord blessed him with the wisdom to apply all he learned. We must seek the Lord for wisdom while pursuing knowledge at the same time. 

Prayer:

Father God, I am working hard on my doctoral degree, but I want Your wisdom to know what to do with it. I want wisdom to be coupled with my discipline and wisdom comes from You. I need Your direction and Your leadership in my life. Fill me with Your wisdom as you did with Solomon.

Yours Always,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment