Friday, May 12, 2023

Reminders of Past Victories

 Scripture:

““I only have the sword of Goliath the Philistine, whom you killed in the valley of Elah,” the priest replied. “It is wrapped in a cloth behind the ephod. Take that if you want it, for there is nothing else here.” “There is nothing like it!” David replied. “Give it to me!””  ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭21‬:‭9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Before David slew Goliath, he wouldn’t use Saul’s weapons. He wanted to use a sling and five smooth stones. He wanted to use what he was comfortable with and what he had tested. Now, years later, he has an opportunity to get the sword of Goliath, which he used to cut off Goliath’s head. It was a great reminder of  a past victory.

Application:

Sometimes we need reminded about past victories in the Lord. When it seems like things are not going well, we must learn to look back at the faithfulness of God and realize He is still with us. Reminders of what He has done in the past will give us strength for the future. 

Prayer:

Father, this morning I remember what all You have done in my life. You have truly done amazing things! You are worthy of the highest praise. When I am down and discouraged, remind me of what all You have done in my life. Remind me of battles fought and won. Help me to never forget all You have done for me, even when the enemy is trying to frustrate me.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment