Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Obedience

 Scripture:

“But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the Lord: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.” ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭15‬:‭22‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Samuel and Saul were having some troubles because Saul was doing things that Lord wouldn’t want him to do. He offered burnt offerings because he was in a rush and didn’t have time to wait for Samuel. God told him, “Obedience is better than sacrifice.” Submission is better than offering the fat of rams. In other words, God would rather have us obedient than religious.

Application:

I don’t want to do the right things in the wrong way. I want to please the Lord with my life. I want to do things His way and not my own. I want to always be aligned with the Lord and His will for my life. His desires are the most important. When His will isn’t convenient, I want His will.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, teach me to follow You well. Show me Your will each day and empower me to do it. I long to walk in close step with hYou. Use my life for Your glory. I surrender to You and You alone. Teach me Your ways and help me to walk Your path. Teach me to wait on God and not take steps that are not of You.

Yours,

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment