Saturday, May 13, 2023

The Advocate Who Rescues

 Scripture:

“May the Lord therefore judge which of us is right and punish the guilty one. He is my advocate, and he will rescue me from your power!””  ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭24‬:‭15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Saul was chasing David to kill him. When David had the perfect opportunity to strike back, he didn’t. When he approached Saul, he said, “May the Lord judge which of us is right and punish the guilty one. He is my advocate, and he will rescue me from your power.” David was in a bad spot, but he knew God would defend him and rescue him. He was confident in his relationship with the Lord.

Application:

David didn’t take vengeance into his own hands. He leaned on the Lord. He didn’t want to walk in the flesh, but in the Spirit. David understood that God would defend his innocence and trusted God to do so. I want to walk in that level of confidence in God, knowing He will rescue me from whatever is against me. I want my trust level to increase.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to serve You well in my generation. Help me to walk in confidence that You are who You say You are and that You will rescue me every time. I do trust You, but want to live at a higher level of faith. Show me what to say at all times and how to say it. Show me how to live a life that pleases You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment