Friday, May 5, 2023

Patience and Waiting on God

 Scripture:

“Then Naomi said to her, “Just be patient, my daughter, until we hear what happens. The man won’t rest until he has settled things today.”” ‭‭Ruth‬ ‭3‬:‭18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Naomi was a wise woman who feared the Lord and trusted Him. She had told her daughter-in-law exactly what to do and she did it. Now it was time to wait and see what would happen. She told Ruth to simply be patient. Basically, she was saying it was now in God’s hands.

Application:

Sometimes we like to rush things. We get ourselves into bad situations because we rush in to fix what we should wait on God for and we mess things up. In my life, I know sometimes I want to take control instead of simply doing what God is saying, then leaving it in His hands. I need to learn this type of patience. 

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to walk with You in patience and complete trust. I trust You, but I also tend to have another option if things don’t work out. Help me to trust You completely. Teach me Your ways and let me walk in Your paths. I love You and want to represent You well. Teach me patience for the things You have promised.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment