Monday, May 29, 2023

Disciplined Study

 Scripture:

“He composed some 3,000 proverbs and wrote 1,005 songs. He could speak with authority about all kinds of plants, from the great cedar of Lebanon to the tiny hyssop that grows from cracks in a wall. He could also speak about animals, birds, small creatures, and fish.”  ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭4‬:‭32‬-‭33‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The above verse is about King Solomon, one of the wisest rulers who ever lived. When someone rules a kingdom, builds a Temple with a seven year construction project, and is still able to write 3,000 proverbs, 1,005 songs, and had studied pretty much everything else and could speak with authority about it, you know that person has put in some study hours.

Application:

Readers are leaders and leaders are readers. Studying is not fun. Learning is a discipline that must be learned and adhered to. Real leaders need to make learning a discipline. I am working on my doctoral studies right now and preparing to write my dissertation. I needed this today as I have felt somewhat overwhelmed with the amount of work in front of me. One day at a time and one page at a time, it will get accomplished on time. 

Prayer:

Father, help me to live a disciplined life of study and writing. I want to not only finish this dissertation, but to write two additional books from the research. Help me to learn to live a more disciplined life and to accomplish more than I accomplish currently. He that called me is able to bring it to fruition. Help me to accomplish all that is in Your plans for my life and not to make excuses.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment