Thursday, May 25, 2023

Purpose

 Scripture:

“So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing.”  ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭9‬:‭26‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing to the Corinthians here and telling them to put Christ first and to live primarily for Him rather than ourselves. He makes his point when speaking of his own life and says that he runs with purpose in every step, not just shadow boxing. Paul was fully committed to Christ and the message of the Gospel. He was self supported most of the time, yet he did it with intentionality. He didn’t hit at the air. He landed his punches with purpose.

Application:

Living with purpose and living by the Spirit sometimes feel like a conflict. Purpose seems to be something today where we mark out our journey and live to accomplish that thing. Paul’s definition would probably differ from ours. He might say that his purpose was to do whatever the Spirit says, which would then seem  random and without a clear purpose in our eyes. When your purpose is following the Spirit, it may appear that you don’t live with purpose. As for me, I want my purpose not to be just a statement I make up, but I want my purpose to be fulfilling everything God has for me.

Prayer:

Father, I want to run with purpose in every step. I want to see Your kingdom come in my life. My purpose is to fulfill Your purpose. Guide me into living as one with You. I want to fulfill Your purpose and not just come up with my own. Lead me daily and let me walk with Your purpose in every step.

Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment