Saturday, May 27, 2023

NOTHING You do for God is USELESS

 Scripture:

“So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.”  ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15‬:‭58‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Corinthians to be strong and immovable. He continues to encourage them by saying to always work enthusiastically for the Lord because nothing we do for the Lord is ever useless. Paul believed that we must always be about the work of the Lord, no matter how bad things get around us because our reward is not here on this earth, but in heaven, when we are finished here. 

Application:

We must always be about the work of the Lord. It is the only thing that will last forever. When we are working for the Lord, Paul tells us it is never useless. Sometimes we may feel like what we are doing for the Lord is useless, but Paul would differ. he would say ANYTHING we do for God is never USELESS. God will use what we do for Him. What we do for ourselves can be useless at times, but what we do for God is never useless.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to never see what I do for You as useless, but as making a difference in eternity. Help me to have a right view of sowing Gospel seed and leaving results up to You. Show me how to serve You well and to have the right disposition and expectations when I do. I want to please You with my life. Help me to be strong and immovable and to abound in the work of the Lord.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment